Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Twix
      Participant

Today has been a GREAT day!
      My ex has always been adamant that our child doesn’t have additional needs, there’s nothing ‘wrong’ with him, yet I’ve fought & fought for an EHCP knowing in my gut he needs help & (detail removed by Moderator) we finally got the news that the LA ad overturned their decision to provide a plan! I’m elated!!!
      All I need next is a diagnosis to show him he wasn’t ‘right’!
      I’m so happy I could burst!
      A huge win for me all by myself 😊
      I’m a proud mummy & realising that whatever I manifest will come true.
      Keep believing things will get better whatever stage you’re at & whatever else is going on in your life, you will succeed xx

nbumblebee
      Participant

What an achievement a huge well done. You should feel so proud of yourself. Hopefully now your child will get the help they so deserve. 🥰🥰

Twix
      Participant

Thank you! I’m delighted 😀 you know when you’ve known something to be true for so long but been fed a whole different line of what it was? I was always told I didn’t know what it was like to be a young boy, that I hadn’t a clue, I was wrong, but a mother’s instinct is so strong & can never be ignored.I’m glad I’ve fought for this & the safety he now has from a less toxic environment, he will thrive & see what it truly means to live in his truest self ❤️

Footballfan1
      Participant

Well done Twix,

That is amazing news!!
      You are very strong and a great mummy to push for this.

My ex too didn’t want to admit anything was wrong with our child.
      It was a teacher that pushed for a diagnosis.
      Ex was so aggressive and mean to her, for daring to say there was anything wrong with HIS child.
      We were still together at the time so it was a very stressful time, it caused many rows and arguments.
      The thing is though, it gives the kids the best chance of success in life as they are given additional help and support, and just generally understood.
      Keep pushing forwards x

Twix
      Participant

Thank you! Anything that doesn’t fit within their idea of how things should be is wrong, professionals are wrong, it’s arrogance & their lack of being able to control another aspect of things.
      I’m pulling this positive feeling into the rest of this week where I’ve got more challenges ahead.
      One step at a time x

Twix
      Participant

Thank you! Anything that doesn’t fit within their idea of how things should be is wrong, professionals are wrong, it’s arrogance & their lack of being able to control another aspect of things.
      I’m pulling this positive feeling into the rest of this week where I’ve got more challenges ahead.
      One step at a time x

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content