Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      fizzylem
      Participant

Wanted to share some good news I recieved today, my dear friend, who has been a constant beacon of light in my life for the last decade, 80 and in poor health – has beaten corona! She had the symptoms for around 7 days, was diagnosed then deteriorated and took to bed for around 4 days, but today she is coming out the other side, now able to eat something.

She has always been a symbol of hope to me and to anyone she meets, she recovered from heinous abuse some years ago now, she overcame it, grew super strong and wise – and her compassion has no bounds; she loves life and all that it offers. I am so relieved she will be ok. I should have held the faith, she’s beaten everything else life’s thrown at her, shows others how it’s done, now she’s beaten this! Feel so happy!

Thinking if anyone else has elderly friends and relatives not in the best of health – in the vulnerable group, this may help to strengthen your hope; also to those going through abuse, adversity can be and is overcome. No one ecscapes trauma in life, the key here is to find ways to grow from it, use it to build strength, wisdom, resilianace and to find your true authentic self – eventually this trauma actually feels like the gift that keeps on giving – just like my friend once told me x

HunkyDory
      Participant

What wonderful news Fizzy! Does indeed lift the spirits in these very trying times were in. I hope your friend continues to shine her light for many years to come. Xx

KIP.
      Participant

💕nice to hear some good news x

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

Such great news about your friend and for all elderly, I enjoyed reading your post, it’s indeed uplifting and gives a sense of peace, a sense of fairness.
      Inspiring perspective about turning trauma into a gift, it really becomes a gift indeed. New knowledge new awareness.
      Have a great celebration with her once this crisis is over 😘😘

thankgoodness
      Participant

God Bless her, she is okay xx 🙂

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content