Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      NewWings
      Participant

Just wondered if anyone else has been ostracised by family of birth because of a smear campaign.
      Just when I think my family can’t inflict anymore hurt I find out my (Detail removed by Moderator) is having my ex over on Christmas Day with our adult children. No one has asked what I’m doing and obviously don’t care. Luckily I had an inkling that I would be excluded. Thing is my (Detail removed by Moderator)comes round every week to have a coffee and chat,but he didn’t enlighten me it was my youngest. I felt awful when I said I wouldn’t be around at Christmas but told him we’d do something special in Jan when everything is usually really flat. They know I have bipolar and that statically we are more likely to commit sucicide, and yet I have had no real support as my side of the story has never been heard. They don’t care how one sided everything is. Now my ex is using my (Detail removed by Moderator) to get to me by pretending that it’s about my sons education. I can’t even talk to him about that before he starts about living in straitened circumstances despite living in a property he owns with no mortgage. He has actively discouraged my children from seeing me and then expects me to roll over and give him what he wants financially. He lied to social services saying I had threatened to hurt my son and myself. I’m no angel and bipolar can make you do strange things but he has exaggerated everything at every turn. I’ve run away and come back, been knocked down by a car he used that too to exert even more pressure. He is the personification of evil in my eyes and one of the team described him as pure poison. He claimed on divorce papers that I had done all this to him and my family believe that I inflicted harm on him me with a hip that needed replaced and a big age gap not to mention weight problems. He’s as fit as a flea but managed to convince them I beat him. Smear campaigns are so effective but when it comes to the money settlement will he be allowed to spout this claptrap? Peace and goodwill to all you ladies.

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Hi New wings, welcome to the forum. It’s hearbreaking when family believe the lies. You’re (Detail removed by Moderator) doesn’t realise how much he’s being manipulated. Where mental health issues are involved, many choose not to be supportive because of fear. Why I have no idea😌
      You’ve been so brave in reaching out, it’s not easy opening up. You need good legal advice which is available through women’s aid, who have their own solicitors who know domestic abuse perpetrators inside out. Is your divorce lawyer clued up on DA.
      Dealing with being bipolar and an abuser is hell on earth. My daughter was in the same predicament, thankfully he’s out her life.
      Have you journalled your life with him, feelings, instances, dates and times? Have you managed to speak to your doctor re the abuse. Don’t let anyone’s fob you off with saying its because of your bipolar.
      There’s many wonderful women on here who will advise you as much as we can. Use this as your diary, a place to vent whatever you need. Again welcome and I hope you get from this what many of us do, belief, unconditional love and much much more.
      Take care
      IWMB 💕💕

diymum@1
      Participant

People don’t understand mental health,my mum has schizophrenia and when she’s Ill she talks to berself. She does it in public and has done so since I can remember. She’s been laughed at,people have crossed the road to avoid her. On occasion I have explained to people that she isn’t well. Some people are really understanding and other people just don’t get it they’re attitude disgusts me. I am so glad my mum,yourself and me aren’t people like that.Good descent people understand or try to understand mental health.I am long in the tooth with it now and I feel 100% that I honestly don’t want anyone in my life that is that unfeeling or inconsiderate.Surround yourself with good people who understand even if it’s a handful.If people took time to get to ,now my mum they would see that she wouldn’t harm a fly. Not a nicer lady you could meet. This subject lies close to my heart, sending you hugs and best wishes xx

Butterflyboo
      Participant

Ah NewWings that must be so hurtful – and to find out like that too 🙁 I hate that these men are so successful in their manipulation of others.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content