Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

So i finally got through to the helpline! 🙂 I feel a lot better now I’ve told someone exactly what he’s been doing. She was helpful and said that I can either go to a refuge or go down to the council and tell the and they should put me on a priority list for re housing although they will give me temp accommodation first though more than likely in a B&B somewhere. The only thing I’m worried about though is if I take my child and disappear then when he has calmed down tell him he can still see her, will he ever bring her back? What’s to say he won’t vanish with her as revenge 🙁 he is on her birth certificate so he has all the rights I have.

KIP.
      Participant

Hi, that’s where you need to ring Rights for Women. They offer free legal advice. Keep all the evidence you can of his abusive behaviour. A court order will keep you and your child protected by the law so that’s what I would advise x

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content