Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Clare
      Participant

A random thing but noticed this song has been played a lot recently and was wondering if it touches a nerve with anyone else. Just keep hearing it.

Hopesprings
      Participant

Yeah it does with me.

Red1
      Participant

Just having a nosey at old topics đź‘€ and YES – the lyrics do hit home… I sing this in my car on way home from work to prepare myself for battle, looking forward to one day not feeling anxious about going home! X

lover of no contact
      Participant

Hi Clare,

Yes love this song. Sang the lyrics ‘YOU DON’T OWN ME!!’ at the top of my voice in my ar, when the song came on the radio. I got away from the abusive relationship. Took me many years, a lot of confusion in not seeing what was going on, but eventually I escaped.

I have no contact with him for a few years, I got out of the cycle of abuse with him, but he still controls me via my emotions as he is abusing my older children as they are still in an abusive cycle with him.

Great song.

Serenity
      Participant

Yes, I actually googled the lyrics because they sounded so brilliant X

Honour
      Participant

I love that song!!! Also finding Sia’s ‘Alive’ is touching a nerve at the moment..x

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content