Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Darknessallaround
      Participant

So the walking on eggshells begins again, although not sure if it ever really stopped… It’s been a turbulent few days, I thought things had settled, but apparently not. I tried not to react to verbal provocation, but only succeeded in making things worse.
      Every time this happens, I think I now know what to do to avoid a repeat performance, and it won’t happen again. But of course it always does…. and every time it catches me unawares. How stupid I must be.

AloneWolf
      Participant

You aren’t stupid, they are just unpredictable. They will always find a way and however we choose to respond to it will be wrong. The confusion they cause us is deliberate, I think. They enjoy knowing we are in a constant state of anxiety, not wanting to rock the boat. They are the only ones to blame for this. Don’t be hard on yourself, you are doing the best you can right now x

Bananaboat
      Participant

You aren’t stupid!! It doesn’t matter what you do, they’ll just keep moving the goalposts. It’s a game to them, one we can’t win because they don’t want you to x

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content