Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Rainbowstorm
      Participant

Feel like it’s groundhog day again.

Contact Centre have said that they are progressing contact to unsupervised although this is against our order, it is also against what they said a couple of weeks ago however now he’s the perfect candiate and that should I agree to this then he won’t take me back to court when he is allowed to. I can’t believe this is happening we’ve had such a bad experience with contact centres aren’t they supposed to be the ones protecting the children and not bowing down to the absent parents every need when they kick off how can they go from saying they can see what he’s like then less than a month later he’s Mr perfect. Have gotten back in touch with solicitor for some legal advice more money when is this going to end

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Put it back onto them. Ask them who will take responsibility for your children when he starts to abuse them. These men are great actors, why do these centres not see this. Time and time again iv read that the centres allow these men freedom to be what they are. You are being the responsible parent by protecting your children from him, who is taking your place. Get a reply in writing, so if anything does go wrong you gave written proof they were taking responsibility. Good luck.
      IWMB 💕💕

fizzylem
      Participant

Sounds rubbish, why on earth are they making any kind of assessment? The time they see him and him with his child/children is a snap shot only; they clearly haven’t taken into consideration how he behaves with you and when no one else is around – stupid. Can only think they want to move people on as they are under pressure. Sorry to be reading this RS x

Rainbowstorm
      Participant

Thank you both for taking the time to read and reply often feel like I’m drowning and struggling to stay afloat even after all these years and when things appear to be going well then woosh another wave comes along to remind me of my place.

Hoping once I’ve seen my solicitor then things will become alot clearer in where I stand. I have refused my permission to do this with the contact centre staff just hoping this does not go against me in any way I know this will set him off so will be keeping an extra eye out for our safety over the week or so. I am still completely in shock at how they have come to this decsion I always thought contact centres were supposed to be completely neutral with the children’s needs being paramount to any others needs or wishes let alone for them to try and override a court order. Feeling very deflated that after everything we have been through this can still be an issue so many years after we have left hopefully there will be some light at the end of the tunnel one day.

Iwantmeback
      Participant

You’re doing so well. What’s right for your children that’s all you care and worry about. Good luck with the solicitor. I thank God daily that we never had children together.
      IWMB 💕💕

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content