Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Standing tall
      Participant

What do people think about group meetings? I was thinking about starting one up. Just somewhere for us women to get together and talk. Would anyone go to one?

Some of the women were recently talking about setting up group meetings, i cannot remember the user name of the person who suggested it. If you contact Serentity she might know as I think she was part of the conversation.

Falling Skys
      Participant

I would if in the evenings or weekends. But that’s when most people can’t make them. Also I live in an area which travelling any great distance is an issue.

FS xx

Serenity
      Participant

Hi Standing Tall,

I used to attend a support group / drop-in run by the DV outreach, which I found very supportive.

When the outreach workers were recently made redundant, I asked if we could continue to meet in the building ( a family centre) on our own, without the DV outreach.

It is great. It is a lovely, safe building and coffee is on tap!

The original ladies have continued to come to the group, which runs every two weeks.

I have recently informed the new DV outreach team about our group, and last week two of the new DV outreach workers came along. It was good to let them know, as they can offer us advice and can also direct other women to our group too.

Serenity
      Participant

PS:

We give each other advice about abuse, listen but also have a lovely natter at our group! It is a godsend to me.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content