Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Falling Skys
      Participant

I saw my Woman Aid worker yesterday, and we both felt I didn’t need regular meetings any more, though I can contact her at any time.

What a year its been, from unable to make a decision, like a frighten rabbit caught in the headlights, not even being able to choose where to sit in a cafe. Then I knew what to do but was to scared to do it without reassurance, then I do it then ask for reassurance, now I just do it.

I over heard my mother today say “I’ve got my old daughter back”. I look in the mirror when I got home and I saw a much stronger woman.

I still have a long way to go, and I need to sale the house so I can have no contact, but I nearly there.

This site and the feed back has been the more support and help I can ever express.

To you on the beginning of the journey, all I can say its worth it.

Off out in a minute to a fg for a meal, film and a glass or two of wine. Something I wouldn’t have been able to do in the past.

FS xx

Serenity
      Participant

FS,

I am so glad to read your post, as you have suffered so much and really struggled.

Have a wonderful time tonight.

X

Millionpieces
      Participant

Hi fallingsky,
      Good to hear your good news, giving me more strength through mine. I’m so struggling at the moment yet my situation is easier as I don’t have any child with him though I wanted it so badly before.

MP X

Whathaveidone
        Participant

I feel exactly the same – you wrote the exact same words I was going to.

betterdays
      Participant

Hi falling sky’s your post nearly made me cry. I’m so happy for you I really am. Hope I vet to were u are. I’ve had bit of a relapse lately he’s trying to worm back saying he wants to suddenly help and be civil. X

Ayanna
      Participant

This is great! I am so glad to read this. I hope you enjoyed the evening out. x*x

Falling Skys
      Participant

Hi Ladies

Had lovely evening.

Abuser was a nod tonight sadly so was our son, but I expect that was because I was out last night.

But just let it goes over my head.

FS xx

Whathaveidone
      Participant

Fallingskys, thank you so much for this post. I feel similar to how you are and I’m at the early stages of regaining my life and making my own destiny. Its been less than a month of no contact, at first I felt really overwhelmed but now I’m starting to starting to see the positives a lot more.

Falling Skys
      Participant

Whid so glad that you are getting more positives in your life. In one way ut taking a time to sale the house has given me time to see what an awful person I have spent most of my life with.

Here’s to the day I get my own place 😁

FS xx

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content