Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Midnight Marbles
      Participant

After several days where I have been thinking, it’s fine I’m ok with this relationship I am Sat guessing what’s wrong with him.

I’ve been out with friends for a walk and bit of lunch, got home a while ago, he’s sat in the lounge with the lights off watching tv, I get the look when I say hi, what’s up I say, he then tells me he’s not felt well this afternoon, dizzy and weird.

I’m now left guessing what I’ve done as he’s obviously annoyed with me!!

I ignored and then he’s tapping to get my attention or make sure I’m aware of the tension building!!!

My stomach is rolling and I’m shaking again. I thought over the last few days that I was being daft and although I don’t like him much, he wasn’t abusing at all now! This is so subtle or am I overreacting?

I’m all over the place, last week nearly renting somewhere and seeing a solicitor, this week thinking all is ok and its me!! What’s happening to me?

I’m sorry, I know you all have much worse but it’s making me so anxious and stupid.

Tamra
      Participant

Your not stupid.

I sense you have a gut feeling it’s time to go but it’s scary? And it is I have just spent the last year in that state feeling anxious with knowing what’s best – listening to all his tactics so we didn’t end and then being horrible to me it was a rough bumpy ride but I finally did it and moved out a few months back. I used solicitors but I settled out of court as it was time to end otherwise I wud still be there. Find support and the strength to keep going. He’s intimidating and manipulating you to gain more control for himself…

Big hug and keep posting

Xx

Twisted Sister
      Participant

absolutely nothing!

You’ve just reminded me and given me a reality check, because of what you are saying taking me right back to being in the midst of it and texting a friend to say i didn’t understand why i was shaking when i received a text from him, i was scared to look at the text and the pit of my stomach was in knots, but i couldn’t tell you why, even now.

all i’d say is if you are shaking in reaction to his behaviour get gone as soon as you can.

You don’t have to be 150% sure that he’s at fault, just know how it makes you feel, and it doesn’t matter if you think that he’s alright, you are still reacting the way you are.

warmest wishes and keep posting xx

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content