Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      WalkerInTheRain
      Participant

Has anyone got any useful links for guided meditation (or that sort of thing)?

I really need some respite from the racing thoughts.

Serenity
      Participant

Hi Walker in the Rain,

I haven’t got any links to specific guided meditation, but if you look up Distress Tolerance Techniques, you might find some ideas. The technique offers a range of really effective ideas, including sensory awareness, etc x

Lightness
      Participant

Hi Walker In The Rain
      Try googling: binaural beats heal n**********c abuse
      L x

Peaceful Pig
      Participant

Hi, I’m a big fan of meditation and self-compassion. Have a look at self-compassion.org for meditations and exercises. You could also try classes which can help you meditate more effectively. You can find them in most towns. Meditation can put you in touch with deeper emotions but using self-compassion visualisations you can stay with the feelings in a safe, loving space xx

lover of no contact
      Participant

WalkerintheRain,

I find walking for an hour a day helps me with my racing thoughts. I try to meditate (look) at my surroundings, the trees, the sky, the birds, the calmness in the day- (despite my racing thoughts), the squirrels here and there, dogs and the colours. I will admit it can be hard to do and I’m not always successful in maintaining my concentration, my mind reverts back to the worries, problems, or abuser.

I also use this time to bring anything and any emotions that are bothering me to the God of my understanding. This could be the universe or nature, just something greater than myself. So for example, when I’m feeling anxious about one of my children I pray ‘Holy Spirit, Guide, Protect and Enlighten’ my daughter over whatever, if I need to resist some people who are pressurising me to renege on my ‘No’, I ask for help with that.

I pray daily ‘Holy Spirit, guide me with my income’. Holy Spirit Guide me with my outgoings. Guide me with the leak in my roof, Guide me with my work situation. Help me to recognise and see the positive in my day and the positive people in my life rather than the negative.

When I was trying to leave my husband, trying to deal with the court case where he was trying to get me out of the house and him to have day-to-day care of the children it was Please guide me in the court-case. Please Guide, Direct and Enlighten me so I don’t lose the day- to- day care of my children. Now I would say it, but it was lip-service only on my part, I was terrified and I had very little faith things would be ok. My abuser ex husband had a court document against me. My abuser was ruthless and had everything on his side. He had my children (out of fear) supporting him, and his family and friends. I had no family (well one aunt only) no job and no access to our money. But my abuser didn’t get his way in the end. I was minded despite his manipulations, machinations and his cunning.

On my walks I hand over everything. And I feel I am minded, guided and looked after, often through coming on this Forum the answers and the guidance appear through other ladies posts. And my racing thoughts seem to calm once I hand each thing bothering over to a Power greater than myself, and that can be whoever we choose it to be.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content