Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Cass
      Participant

I’ve been out of my abusive relationship for over (detail removed by Moderator) now but I just found out he has another girlfriend. I’m scared the same thing will happen to her and I feel like if it does it will be my fault for not reporting him to the police. Not only did he physically and verbally abuse me but he also sexually abused me and im terrified of being part of the reason another woman goes through that. But im far too scared to report him and its probably too late now, I just hope she’s smarter than I was and leaves when something seems wrong.

KIP.
      Participant

One day you may be able to make that statement. There are ways to make it anonymously via rape crisis or victim support. I did it to the police and it gave me closure. There’s no time limit for reporting and prosecuting sexual assaults. So wait until you’re ready. You will probably find he’s done this to previous partners too and they may already have reported him. U can also ask the police to visit her and warn her without disclosing your details using Claire’s Law. Talk to your local women’s aid or the domestic abuser police unit when you’re ready x

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content