Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Llgirl
      Participant

Anyone have young children? I fled recently and he hasn’t seen either of them since. He’s only contributing to anything because I requested it through official channels.

Contact was stopped because he abused the contact.

He’s missing out on big milestones with the kids and I can’t help feeling how I can’t even imagine how that must be to be missing out, but then his actions have shown that he isn’t putting the kids first.

Can’t wrap my head around it at all…

Bambe
      Participant

You’re a good person for caring. Sounds like things were tough for you to have to up and leave indicates you’ve done the best thing for yourself and children. Unfortunately it’s his actions that has caused him to miss out, not yours, so try not to be so hard on yourself. You can’t help the way he has behaved. I knows it’s easier said than done.

I have very young children and going through a divorce unfortunately we’re living together so my guilt is for my children having to be living in this atmosphere.

Sounds like you’re a very kind person and your children are lucky to have you show them the way in life.

Focus on you and enjoy them. Be proud you’ve done the steps you have to keep you all safe xxxx

Llgirl
        Participant

Thank you so much for saying that, things got so bad after the birth of one of my children, I just couldn’t stick around anymore. I feel like I’d been asleep and suddenly I woke up?

Sending hugs to your situation
        Xx

Anonymous
      Inactive

I also have very young children ((detail removed by moderator)) and am in awe of your bravery and determination to leave. Although he is missing out on milestones, you wouldn’t have left had it not been for his actions. Better for you all and especially the children (and therefore their growth and development) for them to not be exposed to that kind of environment.

It will take time for you to heal and process. You might feel guilty but you’re not the one that should be feeling it. Look after yourself and be kind to yourself x you are doing a great job x*x

Llgirl
        Participant

I think I feel guilty for my baby as well, that he’s missing their milestones and that they don’t have a dad right now. I just don’t want any lasting scars from this even though I know him being around or us being together was worse for them..

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content