Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Sunsetpeace@
      Participant

Hi I’m new here so don’t know if posting this correctly.
      My 2nd abusive relationship ended several years ago now but the scars will stay till I die. My kids are both adults and we’ve been through too much. We’re good people and don’t deserve the trauma we’re left with. We cope, we smile, we are doing life. But there’s a huge sadness. My daughter has fibro caused by cptsd and I am consumed with the most painful guilt. I have, we have had counselling lots and I understand in theory that the guilt should not be mind to own but all the same it’s with me every minute of the day and night often there are flashbacks. I have never seen a post anywhere about how mothers deal with the guilt everytime they look in their kids eyes after these monsters have spat us out.

nbumblebee
      Participant

I think its because we dont.
      The guilt will goes ever but as with alot of things we have to deal with we learn to live with it , along side it we aim to be better because of it we use it to drive us foward.
      Im still here with my husband .y kids are adults and older teens I will never forgive myself for not leaving ever that guilt will stay.
      I think maybe we should think that we do/did all we could to protect them at the time we think we are doing whats right all our actions are meant with good intention to protect and love our kids always no parent gets things right regardless of abuse.
      Just know in your heart that what you did how you lived you did with the thoughts of protecting your kids at all times and thats what makes a mum a good mum. ❤️

Twix
      Participant

It’s not your fault.
      You mothered & loved them to the fullest.
      They love you. Regardless of what you think you see, they see you & everything you sacrificed for them.
      Know this & draw strength.
      Forgive yourself xx you’re only human xx

Watersprite
      Participant

I get this sunsetpeace it is something I too
      Will have to live with for all my life. Have had a lot of support too. My family sound like yours 💓 my heart hurts for your family too. How dare those monsters – but you know what we win yes it’s tough but we feel things and experience things with our family abusers are incapable of even getting close to. I will take that anytime. I’m proud to feel and care and love. I’m proud I got my family safe in the end and I know as do you all we gave everything for our children and did our absolute best. Take care and remember how far you have come – there is a lot to be proud of. Twix is right x*x

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content