Tagged: 

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

I feel guilty having moved back in our marital home which only I pay for and he’s living elsewhere. I feel guilty for being there and worried his family and him will be annoyed I’m living there when he isn’t allowed to after everything he did to me. It’s awaiting to be sold but just feel so guilty!?

KIP.
      Participant

He has brainwashed and programmed you using guilt. You have nothing to feel guilty for. He’s not your responsibility and his actions have consequences. If you carry the guilt then he won’t have to. I felt guilty for a long time, it’s what keeps us in an abusive relationship. The alternative is more hell for you x be kind to yourself x enjoy the house and the peace and quiet x I got an occupation order and stayed in the marital home. He tried to make me homeless and would have moved his new girlfriend and family into my home if I hadn’t found the courage to fight back.

Empoweredhealing
      Participant

You deserve to live in a safe and peaceful home. This is the minimum of what you are entitled to. Reclaiming your own space free of abuse is your basic human right. Try not to doubt that.

Thank you for your replies. It doesn’t help he’s not far away and even though no threat now I feel guilt I can afford this and he has nothing despite it all being his own doing. On good terms with his family ish and worry about rocking the boat with them too! Oh wow always tormenting myself!! Xx

Bettertimesahead
      Participant

In a similar position, I’m in the house paying for everything,he is in a hostel. I do feel guilty occasionally but I have made a financial offer,he’s ignoring all letters from my solicitor, so I’m just going to wait. I have an occupation order so he couldn’t be here and he’s where he is through poor life choices

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content