Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Pink-butterfly
      Participant

Ahhhhh why can’t I just leave ? Why am I so scared to do what I want to do !?

I’ve had a good day today I started the gym I felt really good about myself for once and he’s come home and started shouting at me because I forgot to (detail removed by moderator)… I said I would go shop for him and I apologised for forgetting but apparently I’m useless I do nothing he asks for, we might as well split ip because I don’t give him a what he wants(including sex) he has to check up on me everyday to make sure I’ve done my children’s homework with them and read with them. I don’t need checking up on I’m a good mum!!!
      He has really put me down tonight and really hasn’t helped my depression. I just wanna feel happy again.

Darcy
      Participant

Hi beautiful Angel… Pink-butterfly,
      Don’t give up hope
      I have taken 2 positives from your post so you need to too …
      Firstly you said you went to the gym and felt really good… keep this up, anything that you can do that invests in yourself is great and will grow your confidence, which grows your self-esteem, which then strengthens your boundaries of what you allow and don’t allow from other people
      Secondly you have written that you are a good Mum, regardless of what your partner says … just because he says you aren’t doesn’t make it fact
      These may seem like 2 very small insignificant things in a bad day but if you can focus on the negatives of your day – him being abusive, you can focus on the positives to … its just a mind change
      Start to acknowledge the positives however small they may seem, they all add up
      The more you start to focus on this and on yourself the more your life will start to change
      I believe you have the power to do this and get the life that you want one step at a time
      Sending you continued love and support
      Darcy xx

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content