Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Eve1
      Participant

I’m feeling really exhausted today. A couple of days ago my daughter, who sees a camhs counsellor and has had really bad anxiety but had seemed quite well for a while, told me she needed to speak to her counsellor on the phone which she’s usually loath to do, as she felt bad. After she’d spoken to him, he spoketo me and said that she felt she couldn’t keep herself safe and that she’d between having thoughts of how to seriously harm herself. I was so shocked, but of course since then I am staying at home for a bit and keeping am eye on her. I’ve told her college and they are ok. so she can take a little time off, which has helped her.

But today I just feel terrible. I feel exhausted and like I could just sleep all the time, no energy. I think I’m on shock. I know she says I’m not the reason she felt this way, but for s few months things have been really tight financially and I’ve felt very anxious about it. I managed to get another job, which I’m just doing the training for now, but I’ve found that really stressful too and I haven’t been at all convinced it’s for me. I’m seriously thinking about going back to the job I’ve just left, a physical job, but I wasn’t out of the house much while she’s at home. This new job is shifts at all hours. So I’ve more or less decided to do that. I feel pretty guilty that I may have been neglecting her a bit to focus on this job.

And I’ve also felt today how much I’ve got no one to talk to. I don’t feel like ringing the Samaritans. My daughter has a friend round now so I’ve nipped out to give her a bit of space but it just struck me that I’ve got no friend to pop round to. Not that I’m particularly sociable at the minute. I often feel like I really need someone who can acknowledge that a lot of my situation now, and my daughter’s, is due to having any abusive ex husband. But I don’t Ferrell I can ring women’s aid as I know how stretched their resources are. I wish there was a group or something I could go to.

So thank you all for being the listening ear I need right now.

Lots of love
      Eve

Choccomummagg
      Participant

Hi eve. I’m new round here and just coming to terms with the situation I’ve been in for the last (detail removed by moderator).
      I just wanted to say I hope in future if it’s needed I can be as strong and as supportive as you for my son.
      I went through a tough time growing up and my parents denied me councilling because they thought I was a freak. I was self harming and having thoughts of suicide and received no support.
      Your daughter may not be able to say this right now but you are doing great. The support you are giving here is worth so much.
      So from someone who’s been in her shoes before, thank you for being her support and rock.

would like to offer solidarity.
      You are doing well as a mum.
      This is a very tough call, but your child is communicating with you.
      That is a really good sign.
      You are doing well as a mum
      all best
      ftc
      x

EbonyRaven
      Participant

You are doing the right things. You sound like a brilliant mum to me. Of course you’re tired, you’ve been hyper-vigilant I’d have thought.

I don’t really have anyone either and the forum is a huge help. Please keep posting, and love to you.

Eve1
      Participant

Thank you all. It’s good to hear such positive things. I’m so glad she was able to speak to me about how bad she felt even in a round about way Now I know, I can help her.

Your replies moved me and have helped me a lot.

Love
      Eve

Halfwayout
      Participant

Eve1 you’re doing a great job with your daughter. My daughter is  finding it very difficult. She has watched her dad abuse me but now he is including her as he see’s it as her taking sides. She feels isolated and alone as none of her friends totally get the controlled emotional abuse. Her confidence is rock bottom and thought of throwing it all in came up  when she had a melt down. She has physical symptoms of anxiety which has caused her to have several illnesses in the last few months but she is battling through them.
      The Uni have been a great help also allowing her time off.
      Every little achievement is massive.
      I see she has no solid structure in her life, Uni, she is there for a few hours a day, works random shifts, no boyfriend while her friends are all settled and a family that is splitting up. Give her a hug, listen to her, have movie nights, little treats, messages or quotes of inspiration.
      You need to find a friend to talk to also, its a lonely place, totally get the unsociable mode.
      Your not alone. xx

Eve1
      Participant

Thank you Halfwayout,

I’m sorry to hear about your daughter. We are close and hug frequently! I think it’s been a kind of reminder to me that although she’s often very mature and independent, she’s still very young and needs me.

Love
      Eve

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content