Tagged: 

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Hello, I’m new to the forum but so not sure what to write or where to start :-/ I am desperate to escape my boyfriend and thought it was going to happen soon as I had arranged for our tenancy to be put into his name (it is currently in my name) but (detail removed by moderator) now I just don’t know what to do. I don’t want him to be homeless despite his behaviour so I don’t want to call the police.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Just read that through and realise it’s a bit jumbled, (detail removed by moderator)I had asked him to sign.

KIP.
      Participant

I know you don’t want to call the police but that may be your only option if he won’t leave. Have you thought about changing the locks and moving his stuff out? It can work in your favour that the tenancy is in your name. He has no legal right to be there. Abuser rely on our guilt to control us so don’t feel guilty that he cannot control his temper. Abusers are also very dangerous when we try to end a relationship, ring the helpline number on here for advice x

Lyng
      Participant

I agree with the above poster. If the place is in your name and you are not married, you may be able to oust him. Get in contact with a bell woman’s shelter and get the right advice to get out safely.

Confused123
      Participant

Hey HUn

I know u feel scared to make that call , but beleive me this will get him out and yoru life will improve so much, my wake up call was a lady on the same street as me died from a d v incident, no body knew there was d v going on and it just made me think i could be a static to , call the help line and get a support worker allocated, the support helped me lots just hearing from another person what my reality was

Anon123
      Participant

Hi,
      I’m really sorry to hear what your going through, I know the fear of being homeless is awful but actually that’s what keeps us being stuck in the awful situation. I wish I had taken the step and moved out not thinking about financial implications as it just gets more and more tied with other things. As the tenancy is in your name you could give notice, without him finding out and then you will know from that date you will be free. It maybe easier than trying to get him evicted. Hopefully your notice period is small or try and find out if you can pay extra to get out of the contract sooner (sometimes it can be one months rent ) may seem a lot but worth it to get your life back xx

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content