Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Aquawoman
      Participant

I left the relationship over (detail removed by moderator) ago but due to having a joint mortgage which I pay and can’t get the house sold I have to live in the house with him as his name is on the mortgage and he refuses to move out. He makes my life hell, won’t speak to me, doesn’t contribute financially or with house chores and makes childcare my problem when I’m going out to work but then sends childminders home when I do arrange them. Don’t feel comfortable in my own home, walking on egg shells is an understatement.

KIP.
      Participant

Have you taken legal advice about an occupation order? Do you have support from women’s aid? My ex only lasted a short time before he violently assaulted me after I ended the relationship while we were living together. The abuse escalated very quickly so I know how you feel. Have you spoken to your GP about his abuse? This could back you up with your occupation order as its badly affecting your mental health and you live in fear for your safety. It seems to be a good time to sell a house at the moment if you could act quickly. Get some legal advice and support from women’s aid. If his name is on the mortgage then he’s liable for half that debt so please talk to a solicitor ASAP.

Brudge123
      Participant

It sounds like you need an occupation order ASAP. They’re free to apply for and you can do it online.
      I can’t believe you’re having to live like this, it sounds appalling hun xx

Aquawoman
      Participant

Solicitor has been involved for the (detail removed by moderator). I have tried everything to get a seperation agreement but to no success. I am now fifiling for divorce but of course that takes time. I saw my GP in (detail removed by moderator) they were really supportive and I started on antidepressants. I applied for a non-molestation order (detail removed by moderator) but he agreed to “behave” and that was the end of it. I was attending WA before lock down but I haven’t made any contact with them since.

KIP.
      Participant

I’d try again with the non molestation order. There’s been a huge rise in domestic abuse since lockdown and your mental health is suffering now you’re on medication because of his abuse. He’s going nowhere while you’re there. And he’s clearly not behaving. He’s not even paying to live there. Is there anywhere else you can go to stay with the children? Just get out. Have you spoken to the mortgage company. Many have a special department for vulnerable clients.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content