Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      betterdays
      Participant

Today been working at my sons school. But I’m feeling low even though I can drive I only will drive to certain places as my confidence is low because of him putting me down. Which means the boys are missing out on exciting places because I’m a pathetic useless piece of rubbish. I’m sick to death of everything he knew himself I would only drive to certain places I’m so low SOME days I think I’m ok then bang I’m a mess x

Confused123
      Participant

HI HUn

It will take time for you to rebuild your confidence, are u seeking cousnelling, your not pathethic so dont think like that

Serenity
      Participant

How is your jogging going?

My running makes a huge difference to me. On days I don’t run, stress and anxiety overwhelms me. Running helps me feel in control of it.

Don’t be too hard on yourself. What you describe is typical of post abuse anxiety. As you spend more time without him and do little things, you will grow in strength.

It happens gradually and slowly, so you may not even notice it, but believe me you will get there.

I read a line today: ‘Mental strength is increased by small victories.’ On the days you feel up to small challenges, do them. Sometimes you will feel stressed by it, other days you will feel a sense of pride and independence.

Of course, if you have days where you just want to crawl under the duvet, do this too, and don’t feel guilty about it!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content