Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Surviving
      Participant

My boys thought they blocked their dad from all contact. He found them on Instagram. Called police this time because the kids just want to be left alone. They tell him to not message and leave them alone but he don’t accept it. Yea maybe it’s hard for him as he is their dad but he has no-one to blame but himself. He hurt them and was horrible to them. He then put a girlfriend before supporting the boys through the break up. They asked him to choose at the beginning. (Detail removed by moderator) after I left him but he stayed eith the woman. The kids wasn’t happy. They say they won’t think about mending the relationship with their dad while he is with the woman but he won’t put the kids feelings first.
      He still has contact with my youngest child so I can’t block him totally. Wish I never had to see him again. He is a bully but only picks on people smaller and weaker than him.

KIP.
      Participant

Just wanted to say well done. I had to call the police recently and I know it’s stressful and difficult but it’s the best thing. We can’t handle these men on our own or we would have dumped them years ago. You sound like a great mum. A great role model for the kids. Hang in there. You’re dead right about his priorities. My ex was more interested in playing happy families with his new gf and her kids whilst trying to make his son and I homeless. Despicable people x

Surviving
      Participant

Thank you xx

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

KIP said it all but I just want to show my support as well. They always think we are too weak to stand up for our rights. So well done for calling the police! It’s the right thing to do. I too had to call the police not long ago to protect myself. I think every log is important, for your protection and your kids most of all + his current/next girl friend& kids also benefit from it when they discover he is nothing but an abuser and have to call the police on him as well.
      So walk with your head held high for your courage. Well done!

Surviving
      Participant

Thank you.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content