Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Falling Skys
      Participant

I wont to wish you all a Happy Easter, holidays are not always easy for us, in the past a time that we were more vulnerable to abuse, then we greave for the time we should have had.

But now we can make them what we want them to be, enjoy.

FS xx

SunshineRainflower
      Participant

Thanks Falling Skys. I am feeling very strange this Easter, usually it is a very happy time for me but since my relationship ended it highlighted abuse in my family I want to distance myself from them. My brother is coming to visit and he is very n**********c, emotionally abusive, and the golden child and it’s like we pretend to be happy families when he is here, and I’m made to feel like the black sheep for not playing along.

I’m going to make this Easter about me and doing what makes me feel happy, even if that’s just going to the gym and making myself a nice meal. Thanks for the reminder 🙂

Falling Skys
      Participant

Good for you SunshineRainflower,

I hope you can keep your time with your brother to a minimum but the rest of your holiday weekend sound great.

I have been out for a long walk today, but I will also be going to the gym and seeing friends and some of my family.

FS xx

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Falling skies, Happy Easter time you & to everyone else as well. It will be difficult times for a lot of us but just being in the minds of each other & knowing we are not alone can be everyone’s blessing this Easter. Thinking of you & everyone else xx

Falling Skys
      Participant

Thank you Blueberry xx We are in this together and we will have wonderful moments xx

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content