Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Bananaboat
      Participant

To all the mothers on here who have already had the day ruined or know it will be (because how dare we have a day that’s not about them), stay strong. It’s just one day and your kids love you.

Feel free to share what happens to spoil the day if it helps. xx

Hazydayz
      Participant

Wishing all mums a Happy Mother’s Day❤️
      I’m so sorry for all mums who have their days spoilt today. It’s not him this time! But, My grown up children who want to sabotage this day for me. I’m waking up today to… No greetings No visits No hugs No cards. No, my kids don’t love me and it’s killing me😭

Hereforhelp
      Participant

Wishing all you mothers a happy mothers day.
      My first without him but he messaged me of course, he always does something to make sure he is in my head. I am proud of myself for not responding, he has been trying, pushing the more I ignore him the more he tries. 2 more days to go and I hope to finally have a solicitor to help me divorce and take back as much as I possibly can…. gloves have been off for a little while now.
      Lots of love to all you ladies ❤

Hereforhelp
      Participant

I also don’t have to have sex with him today (any anniversary of any sort meant sex was expected at some point in the day/eveing)… First year without that which is a good feeling… I might go for a walk with my 2 children later

nbumblebee
        Participant

I have to do this too today he keeps asking me woke me up to have sex too when i said no he moaned that it was mothers day so i should have too. He asked what i wanted to do i said just chill out in the bath he said yes that sounds good i will join you 🙄. How lovley is it to not have this stress wow you are amazing and i really hope you enjoy your day sweetie xxxxx

Twisted Sister
      Participant

Happy Mothers Day all mothers, including those who don’t have their children with them today, or other days, or who’s children have been dominated by him and alienated by him.

You are still and will always be, mothers. You will always have given them what you gave them, you will always have had those special moments with them that they know and feel inside. They know the feel of your love, and even if they can’t show it, its in there, as we all know because of our love for our own mothers no matter the situation.

Whether you can openly celebrate today, or have to keep those special feelings inside, celebrate in whichever ways you can.

warmest wishes to all the mothers of the world

TS

nbumblebee
      Participant

Happy Mothers day to an increadable inspiring bunch of women.
      All of you deserve such love peace and happiness every day.
      Mine doesnt bother much with days like today but now my kids have grown they did and showed me that maybe just maybe I did do something right in my life. Xx

Twisted Sister
        Participant

so true, and even for those who don’t get to see that they are appreciated, they are, just may be not allowed to show it. So lovely for you to have that glimpse of appreciation from them for all you’ve been through together.

warmest wishes

ts

Bonzai
      Participant

My youngest daughter has stopped talking to me. She talks to her dad so now I am worried that he is using his tricks on her! Brainwashing her against me, telling her lies etc.
      It all hurts so much. I sit on my own and fret. I know she loves her dad but she also knows what he has done to me. We used to be really close. But now she just avoids me.

Twisted Sister
        Participant

oh Bonzoi, that is heart-breaking. Don’t be afraid to take back some control of your life and your influence as a mother with your children. It is important that you flag up issues so they know what to see as wrong. Like telling her its wrong to call each other names, or to be cruel to others in any way (or whatever relates to your situation), so that you are not bad-mouthing him, but making it clear what behaviours are unacceptable and for her to think about how she likes to be treated, and what things she doesn’t like or make her feel sad.

Spend these times sitting and thinking to think through opportunities and what to say, this isn’t a short term thing, think of the long term and gradual understanding for her. Plan things for you to do together in any moments you get to have special time. Children are never too old to be read to at night, and there are many books about relationship boundaries that are gentle bedtime stories, or something more mature for the older girl.

warmest wishes

ts

Lottieblue
      Participant

I am completely gutted. My eldest, a young adult, hasn’t spoken to me since I told him I wasn’t going to give his dad a second chance. I thought he might see today as a good opportunity to break the silence, but nothing. Nothing. He’s just had all the sob stories, the victim speak, from his dad. I can’t see what will ever change for him to come back to me. 😢

Loveis
      Participant

Happy Mothers Day to you all, we all deserve to how how amazing we actually really are. Like I told my children, it doesn’t matter what happened or not happened, I had them and that’s what matters.
      Xxxx

Gerbil
      Participant

Happy mother’s day to you all. Yes I agree with you BananaBoat…my husband of course has spoilt mine…yet again…am I surprised no…am I become stronger..yes…all I am now thinking about is that I will never have another mother’s day with him again…! As you said it wasn’t about him…so he created a scene…oh well …I know I sound flippant…I am definitely not…I am gutted.. I love my kids so much and just wish he hadn’t been here to share my time with them today.
      Take care everyone. Rant over..sorry x

Sunshines
      Participant

Mine was spoilt from the get go I got a token gift then I got called the biggest amount of names with in an hour

Disgusting names and it’s getting getting worse it’s daily now
      And he’s started to call my eldest names too not to my eldest child’s face but to me and it’s even worse than him calling me

I just want him out of my life completely
      I’m crumbing together bits of peace
      It’s very intense

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content