Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Winterblues2
      Participant

Hello, I’ve been out for a few years but direct contact has only been allowed for a very short period of time for legal reasons.

In this time he has made constant threats of returning to court should I not comply with his interpretation of the court order. I am careful not to breach it and would not do so but he is very demanding and unless I comply with his demands such as certain types of contact with children he threatens to take me back to court.

At what stage does this become harassment? We have only just come out of court having attended a large number of times in recent years this is causing me a great deal of anxiety and stress.

Deep down I know that I have done nothing wrong but as always with abusers it comes down to either doing as he says to the letter or reaping the consequences. How do I stop being his puppet?!

KIP.
      Participant

If you are sticking to the court order there’s nothing he can do. If he takes you back to court get your solicitor to ask the judge to get him to pay your costs and explain he’s carrying on his abuse through the courts. Keep his threats. Only communicate via text or email. Women aid worker once told me ignore everything he says just act on what he actually does. He’s just trying to bully and control. Same old tactics X

Winterblues2
      Participant

All our contact is via email and deep down I know that I’m doing nothing wrong but it still gets in my head and o doubt myself. The judge loved him and I worry they’ll think I’m not being lenient.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content