Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Spacedout
      Participant

I finally left my abuser last year, I packed a few things and ran for the hills.

I have been staying at an address where he doesn’t know where I am but he knows where I work, so on four occasions he has been waiting outside my work for me, I do not speak to him and just walk on but this is giving me bad anxiety everytime I go to work. (detail removed by moderator) ( I have been dating a really lovely man and he asked me to come over after work to which I agreed), (detail removed by moderator), my ex (detail removed by moderator) he has jumped out the car and started shouting screaming, I felt so scared I walked off but he followed! My new guy already knows about this man and what he has done to me, what he is still doing to me. My ex had then grabbed me and put his hand in my pocket and stolen my phone, at this point my new guy wasn’t outside just yet, (detail removed by moderator) I went to the police and reported the incident and they arrested him and searched for my phone which they couldn’t locate, I have erased that phone and blocked all apps/number to! (detail removed by moderator) On that phone was all the pictures/ voicenotes/ messages which I was using to get a restraining order put out on him. Can I still get one if there is no kind of evidence of abuse, just him harassing & stalking me! His mom was on my side because she knew about the abuse and told me to leave him, I have and now she is enabling her son by driving him around stalking me! I’m so tired of this, I just want to move on with my life! Also when I left I had to leave my 2 cats, he has now stated that he had to put one of them down, I am in disbelief! He lies, he has lied about (detail removed by moderator) and has lied about multiple things to get in contact with me. I hope and pray he is lying about my cat! My new guy wanted his address to which I declined as there is no point in anymore contact and I told him the police are involved and are helping me, I feel so embarrassed but my new guy has reassured me and has been so kind & loving! My ex was trying to keep in contact with me regarding my cats but never spoke about them it was always other things and trying to get me back! now I have cut all contact and blocked him, my brother said they are not kids so you have to move on but it’s so hard I miss them so much! When do they give up and move on, I’m sick with worry everyday as to what’s going to happen next

Shura
      Participant

Hey Spacedout , i just wanted to reach out and say how amazing you are by not giving in. I wish i could be that strong and how great it is to hear that you have a lovely man now, its very important to have that support and safety. My ex husband used to do similar things, would wait on me at my work place or try and meet me on my way to nursery as he new my usual route. it scared me so much that he can be like that but i never was as brave as you and never reported him as we share a child together. that was one of my worst mistakes. i am sorry for your cats and its shameful if he actually put one of them down but i really feel like its manipulation and an attempt to get you to react, hold on strong. My ex has told me that he has cancer too which was so low of him as one of my family members had gone through chemo at that time. You have reported the incident with police and they are helping you so i dont think you will need the phone as evidence, police arresting him should be enough. i do hope you continue being strong and wish you all the best x*x

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content