Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Ribena
      Participant

Hello ladies

Happy Christmas to you all.

Can anyone give advice please on how easy it is to get an Harassment Order? I know you go to the police with evidence – but how easy is it to get it put in place? Do you get a real grilling from the police about why you want one? I don’t think I’m strong enough at the moment to go over everything. I do however have countless abusive texts from him – is this sufficient?

If your abuser breaks the order once it’s in place, do the police act on it straight away? I’m a little fearful about getting one as I genuinely think he’s capable of anything when he’s drunk and I’d want to know if he breaks it they would act on it immediately.

Does anyone have any experience they can share please?

Thank you x

KIP.
      Participant

Hi there, if he is threatening you then please ring the police. Even if it is just to report him and have it on record. You need to speak to a solicitor, most offer the first half hour free for advice. However ring the helpline or speak to your local women’s aid. They will have agencies that can advise you better and can help you obtain a non molestation order. My order was done through the court. If he breaks it, because it comes with a power of arrest, the police will arrest him. There are many different orders but in my experience, once it was in place he left pretty much alone. They are cowardly little men. They can abuse women but once they are faced with real authority, the hide behind a rock. Mine must have got the shock of his life. Never thought I’d do it. Take all the help you can get and keep gathering evidence.

Anonymous
      Inactive

NCDV offer free advice and can actually organise orders I believe. Police referred me and gave me a card too. They are national so if you Google it should come up x

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content