Tagged: 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      At my wits end
      Participant

Hi all
      Sorry if this os posted in the wrong place but i am hoping someone can help.

I got out of a long violent volilatile relationship just before (detail removed by Moderator) however my ex is constantly coming round gemerally being a pain in the a*s keeps asking if theres any furture for us. Going through my underwear drawers… yep… w****o one minute hes ok but i tell him what he doesnt want to hear and im vebally abused. He told me (detail removed by Moderator) if i dont take him back then me and kids can go ‘f**k’ ourselves. Sure you know the kind of behaviour i mean.
      Anyway it is getting to the point where he qill use any excuse to come round and i.am seriously looking at grounds for harrassment. Will the police give him a warning?
      Will i have to get an injunction?

Any advice would be gratefully received. Thank you

KIP.
      Participant

Hey there, unfortunately this seems typical behaviour. If it is your house and he has no right to be there, you can deny him entry. If he persists then ring the police. These men are most dangerous when we end the relationship and he’s been violent in the past so you need to be very careful. He may get a warning from the police or they may arrest him. If you already have evidence of his abuse then you can get a civil court order preventing him from contacting you. Ring the helpline number on here for advice. Keep a diary and write all his abusive behaviour in it. It’s good evidence x

At my wits end
      Participant

Thanks Kip. I have rang the helpline and requested a call back but that was several hours ago. I have children here one who had autism so i dont have time to hang on the phone waiting but i will keep waiting. Thanks for.replying. its so mentalling draining

Ayanna
      Participant

Ring Rights of Women too. Use their call back function.
      You should be able to get an injunction.
      You can also ring 101 and speak to the police directly if everything else fails. I got advice from them too. Some are really nice and try to help.
      The principle is, if he turns up without your consent it is harassment or even burglary when you do not live together.
      Do not give up, keep trying to get legal support.
      The NCDV can help you with the formalities of the application for an injunction. They are very supportive.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content