Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Falling Skys
      Participant

I will be going to court to sort out the financial side of things.

It’s very simple and I don’t know why its got to this stage.

We are not rich, our children are grown up, in fact all I want is what he said I could have.

Bur as abusers are they change this the wind.

I have never been to court so I have no idea what to expect.

To be honest I feel a like sick.

Thankyou un advance

FS xx

Confused123
      Participant

Hi Hun

Im just about to start my financial proceedings , mine hasn’t even started and i feel scared, im sure your solicitor will support u all the way and guide u, it normally goes to court so u get what’s entitled to u and prob cause they been unfair or difficult. Other ladies have got more experience than me and will guide u better

White Rose
      Participant

You may not need to be present in court it may be all done on paper by solicitors. Talk to your solicitor about it. we all think it should be easy but nothing with abusers ever is so be prepared for it to take a while. Dont get psyched up for the date either mine got rescheduled 3 times by him not having filled forms in correctly. Keep plodding on it will happen eventually xxxx

Falling Skys
      Participant

Thankyou you both xx I won’t give any details of course after, but will explain what happens so others have an idea.

FS xx

Ayanna
      Participant

He insisted on the financial order although we had nothing. He thought he would get half of my future pension and he wanted my furniture. I did not pay a solicitor for that. He caused so many problems, so that we had to go to court often for nothing. And the judges played the game well with him. But in the end he got nothing. Even the judges could not disrespect the law. He paid this order for nothing, just wasted money. Now I can laugh when I think of the outcome for him. He must have been so disappointed. Deserves him right. In the court he still called me ‘his wife’. And the judge did the same. They let him talk his rubbish and listened to him and I was not allowed to say a word.
      I am glad I did not waste money on a solicitor for that. They could not take anything off me, so they humiliated me and abused me.

Falling Skys
      Participant

Ayanna time and time again I think its disgusting the way he and the law have treated you.

FS xx

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content