Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      savingthestars
      Participant

Has anyone ran and left the kids behind. I am thinking.. waking away will bring them more stability. I mean if something bad happens then I want to be the one to be there, I just want them to be settled and with me in the picture, I don’t see it.

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi savingthestars,

I see you have posted again since this post so I hope using the forum is helping you. Everyone’s situation is different but others will be able to relate to how you are feeling. If you are in contact with a domestic abuse support worker then using their support to create a safe exit plan will help too.

Keep posting to us when you can.

Best wishes,

Lisa

Cantmakedecisons
      Participant

Hey lovely, the answer to that is yes – I did! If I was reading someone’s else’s story then I would question the whys. However being part of an abusive relationship for years and years I knew what I had to do. Thankfully, once I’d left after a period of time I managed to gain access to my children.. it took time and I always knew they wouldn’t be hurt by him. The separation was awful but the abuse was so physical that my children would be left without a mother.

My advice is to talk to lots of people who can help, make a plan, try and be as strong.

savingthestars
      Participant

I am no longer in the relationship (havent been for years) but kids are involved and he still controls me. I have a plan, I just hate myself for said plan. I was just wondering if I was being rational.

savingthestars
      Participant

he is now getting information from my kids, then asking me about what they said. Its like I get stronger, and he pulls back on the reigns. I was starting to feel comfortable. I do therapy because professionals say i am ill, i get stronger and it means im ill. I want to scream in his face. I want to pull out his hair. If I go he can’t talk through the kids. I have found a few places to live, which is good. And I have to find out what professionals say about kids, but if it means he has control I am gonna have to leave them and hope they won’t be affected too much by my decision.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content