Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

I so i decided to watch gaslighting film while i had peace for a while . I went through this its still so raw the things he said . I have gained so much knowledge. Iam hoping once ive healed properly i can also help others with the support of a well educated empathy the abusers worst nightmare 😆😆😆

White Rose
      Participant

Yes I’ve seen the old one. Very disturbing but very valid x

Jupiter
      Participant

I have only seen part of the film and we sometimes have to protect ourselves from certain triggers .I suppose this can bring us mixed feelings: a sense of remote support for shared experience along with reminders of our abusers.
      I feel that gaslighting is very trivialised in our culture generally and by helpers too who often have never heard of this evil tactic.
      It is sometimes crazy-making when a grown son or daughter shows evidence of brainwashing by the abuser.Over time I have kept quiet about my ex’s prolonged mental abuse to be a good mother ,thinking of their mental health.I almost exploded with outrage recently when my son told me (meaning his dad) that he is a nice guy!!!?* This is not true at all and I chose not to comment due to shock anger and the desire not to lose my temper.When I heard this one I nearly fell off the sofa!I wonder how common this is in families? I experienced this comment as another torture method as if my ex anticipated the future chat with my son in the knowledge that it would leave me demented.He has had experience of doing this for years relying on my maternal honest care in keeping his cruelty quiet from our youngsters.What an outrage that evil can pose as an angel of light to be interpreted as “nice”. Maybe time will unravel these wicked abusers and leave us in peace.
      Jupiter

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content