Tagged: 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Abuser changed? Even for a few weeks or months x

Hereforhelp
      Participant

Even when they are being nice, they haven’t changed as it is part of the cycle of abuse and isn’t real x

nbumblebee
      Participant

I so want to say yes with everything I have I wish I could say yes but I cant.
      Mine has nice days maybe nice hours when he is calm kind but theres always a dig it maybe small sometimes i dont catch it striaght away but its there.
      Nice days never last they usually follow a bad bad time does he feel guilty? Bad for how he treated me? I doubt it. Maybe its more to keep me here keep me needing him. As much as you wish hope pray they wont, dont want,and will never change.

Escapee
      Participant

I hate to back up all the articles but no they can’t/don’t change.
      I tried with mine again after a few years apart. I caught him pull himself together a few times so it was still there (and it proved he could control it when it suited him) but I had changed. He ended it this time but when I talked about it with my therapist she congratuled me! I’d developed and stuck to my boundaries. He couldn’t handle that I no longer jumped to his commands and that I had a life. I was no longer easy to manipulate and he was no longer in control.
      So I’m finally emotionally as well as physical free. No more guilt for me carry.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content