Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Lotsofjellytots
      Participant

Hi so long story short, (detail removed by moderator) months ago I got a non molestation order against my ex due to domestic abuse/violence. It states that he’s not allowed to contact me in anyway directly or indirectly, only through a solicitor.

(detail removed by moderator) I received a Facebook message from a woman I don’t know asking me to sort out (detail removed by moderator)and anything else he has left and for her to collect them (I’m now extremely heavily pregnant and he wants me to sort through (detail removed by moderator)) this woman also asked (detail removed by moderator)so my ex can have a couple hours contact every other week.
      Due to his violence and threats he’s made I am only going to allow child contact through court so I know she is safe.

The police and social services are involved due to my ex’s assault on me infront of our daughter and me and my child have been deemed high risk f harm from him.

I haven’t messaged this woman back but I’m assuming she is believing lies my ex has told her and probably doesn’t know about the non lol or police involvement.

My question is has he breached the non molestation order by getting this woman to contact me? There’s no threats in her message.
      Shall I just report it to 101 anyway?
      Would I be classed as encouraging his breach if I message this woman back?

It’s crazy that I’ve been free from him for (detail removed by moderator) months now and still scared of contacting the police about him.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi

Yes he has breeched his non-molestation order. indirect includes third part apart from solicitors. Therefore, I would report it to 101 immediately. Screen shot all messages as evidence and block the woman who messaged you on facebook. I’m sorry that you have to go through such a stressful time during your pregnancy. As for contact. I did not allow, may I ask if there is a police investigation? We ended up going to criminal court which led to him going to prison and a life time restraining order issued denying him access to me and my son. Personally, I would not give any contact until instructed by the family courts. I feel as if you give contact before court involvement and he gets worse the courts will think you dont mind letting such a person look after your children and may grant access. Not enough is done to protect our children from these men in family law.

Lotsofjellytots
        Participant

Thank you everyone for your messages. I have reported it to 101 and they’re going to look into it and contact me back. I told them I was scared due to threats my ex made in the past about sending people round my house to kick my door in.
        Police are already involved and I’m currently waiting to convict my ex of assault. I won’t be giving my ex any contact with my child, he’ll have to go through family court for that. My social worker has deemed me and my babies at high risk of harm from him so hopefully he won’t get very far in trying to get contact. He told me when I left him that he didn’t want anything to do with our baby, he just wants contact with our oldest child. I just don’t understand how cruel some people are x*x

KIP.
      Participant

Totally agree with wise words from Movingonandon. Report immediately and tell the police how it’s causing you fear and distress. That in itself can be criminal. That you are scared things will escalate and want this taken extremely seriously. I had to push back at every stage or he would have just kept coming. Try to get one point of contact with the police. The officer in your case and don’t let them brush you off. Also inform social services. He has had clear instructions and is breaching them. Keep all the details as no doubt he will deny instructing this woman. Let the police deal with her/him. Don’t respond at all to the Facebook message x

JustKeepSinging
        Participant

MovingOnandOn would you mind if I messaged you re court etc?

LotsOfJellyTots I’m so sorry you are having to deal with this at all – never mind whilst pregnant. Call the Police tell them you need their help and all the other fantastic advice above.
        It might also be wise checking in with your GP / Midwife if they are aware of the situation so that you can just keep on eye on yours and babies health – he should NOT be allowed to do this to you. XX

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Just keep singing, yes you can message me if you like. If i dont reply just pop a message on the forum to say you have X

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content