Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      diymum@1
      Participant

My good friend from school took me in years ago when I was truly at my wits end. I fled with my young child terrified she was there and gave us a bed she called the police xx I went back

However switch forward her relationship has deteriorated for the last (detail removed by moderator) he is ‘king of the castle’ an abuser who blames drink. For (detail removed by moderator) there is no taking to her just like me. She turns to me for advice most days and I put her in the picture. Suddenly her eyes are wide open to him anand she’s left. It’s her enough is enough moment when he threatens to make their son homeless xx her mind is set – I’m please for her but she has said If I hadn’t enlightened her (I gave her why does he do that) she would never have realised why this was all happening xx now he has found her emails from me and he’s blaming me off course. I have broken they’re family! According to him I tell her what her world is. She is my friend and I will stand by what I have shown her. The light and a better life xx 😘

fizzylem
      Participant

Same old story ins’t it, he blames everyone else for his behaviour. I’m glad she’s seen the light after all these years of suffering – all power to her. We are all sisters and if we see things that leave us feeling uncomfortable it is our duty to speak out, especailly when approached by a friend; your crime is having your friend’s back DM and I’m so very pleased you felt brave enough to voice your concerns and the share information she clearly needed – to make her own informed decision.

Interesting projection here isnt there, I get this one all the time too, you brainwashed her, they think this because this is how they operate, knowing that they have and can manipulate others, so assume everyone else does too.

It brings me much peace and comfort knowing you are out there in the world with a caring eye for others x*x

Cecile
      Participant

Yes well done DIYmum you have saved a soul in distress I wish I had had some one like you in my life.

diymum@1
      Participant

That’s just it wish someone had introduced me to Lundy Bancroft way back then xx I had no clue ❤️Power to us women eh xx

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

Of course you did the right thing.
      Let him talk, you know better.
      She is at risk of being pulled back in though, even if she is determined to leave, he will not let her go. She needs professional support as well as your friendship. He can and will attempt to seduce her back in and when that doesn’t work he will start the smear campaign. She should know what’s coming. He will recruit her own family, friends, all officials he can think of. The king of the castle is a powerful charming type of person excelling at convincing others. Mine was.
      She should lawyer up immediately and protect her parental rights and her assets.
      Contact WA etc, you know what steps she should take. Going No contact immediately, not reading replying responding to any of his msg helps a lot to keep moving forward.
      His weakness is his drinking. She can hurt him there when battling custody.

You’re a very good friend of hers, you did the right thing. Women solidarity is beautiful.
      Wishing her safety and strength

Overcome
      Participant

Wow I think you are amazing DM!

I have been there, my ex saw messages between a friend and I and he spits venom whenever her name is mentioned! Blaming her for poisoning my mind against him, yet he fails to see that I was already going to leave him before this person came into my life! Anything but his own actions caused this break up.

I do hope your friend is strong enough to know that it will never change and to never look back. we all know how hard it is to go and stay gone x x

diymum@1
      Participant

I’d say the penny has definitely dropped xx yeh I’m worried she will go back. I’ve sent her links about trauma bonding xx her kids are up so no custody battles. I could here her regret today – why did she stay for so long and put the kids through it. I said to her you can’t change the past only the future xx ❤️❤️

HunkyDory
      Participant

You did the right thing diymum and you are a good friend for doing it. It’s not often you have friends who know the score on the abuse front. I have an old friend who is very wise to the world and will help anyone but since I told her what happened with me the silence is deafening. She doesn’t know how to react or to help. Only my other friend who has been through it understands.

Your friend is a lucky lady having you, I hope she manages to stay away. Xx

diymum@1
      Participant

She’s keeping on she’s stayed away- the kids are on side so that’s great xx he’s been constantly getting texting her asking when she’s coming home. She has ignored him. She’s just asked should she text one time I said to say he will here from her solicitor xx time to be practical. She’s cutting ties with his family now which is best, you know what she would do this for me too. She just hadn’t read as much as me/us xx the script is so samey . He said he would kill himself yesterday do she told him to call an ambulance xx his response was where is your empathy xx but where was his when he gave her a black eye xx where was it then ❤️

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content