Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymum
      Participant

So I know for sure I’m a victim of domestic abuse. I stupidly got pregnant (detail removed by moderator) months in to the relationship which then in my head meant I was trapped as I was terrified of being a single parent. I’ve never really been around kids that weren’t ages with me or older. I’ve had (detail removed by moderator)police officers so far, (detail removed by moderator), almost beg me to follow through and press charges but I’ve bottled it every time so far. I left him (year removed by moderator) when I was pregnant. Our child turns one (date removed by moderator). (court detail removed by moderator). Following through with me pressing charges would pretty much close the case in my child and my favour. I’ve never felt brave enough to do it before but now my childs safety and well being is at risk and I’ll do whatever it takes to keep him safe.
      My problem is, I don’t know if I’ve left it too long. I’ve suffered severely from PND and PTSD triggered by the relationship with my child’s father. I only now feel strong enough to cope with this.

Confused123
      Participant

Hi HUn

Thats totally normally to feel strong now to follow charges through, jjust do it to protect u and your child. It took me (detail removed by moderator) months before i could report ex for all the historical abuse nd trying to kill me . Is never too late to report theee men, will be worth it to end access he is tryignt o gain and beleive me the system seems to suppor thtese men, so if this is your key to stop access , use it, police are aware how much strngth it takes to follow through charges

Lightness
      Participant

No – you haven’t left it too late. I really admire that you feel strong enough after all you have been through and in such a short time. Sending you a hug.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content