Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      PypleHll
      Participant

I want to detail my experience of domestic abuse. I am now in what I know is an emotionally/psychological and financially abusive relationship. The perpetrator is my partner, who was once a victim of domestic abuse from a previous female partner.
      The cycle of abuse started many years ago, when he was married to his first wife. (Detail removed by moderator). As time went on, the abuse started and increased in severity. (Detail removed by moderator).
      I meet him a few years after his divorce. I fall in love almost immediately and intensely. We start having problems as soon as we move in together. The now ex wife sets her sights onto me as well as him, and starts a campaign of hate, financial harassment, lies and cyberstalking against us. I seek advice. Unfortunately, we are let down my numerous systems, and our case falls through the cracks.
      We are now at present day, and he has been affected very badly by his previous partner. Unfortunately he continues to make the choice not to have counselling or seek psychological advice. I now see, over the last (detail removed by moderator), our relationship has become very negative and he is now the perpetrator, and I am the victim, so we have come full circle. I am now the one walking on egg shells, being financially harassed, being rung (detail removed by moderator)minutes, being accused of infidelity, being asked to explain my whereabouts, by being coercive controlled if I say no. I am having counselling and planning on leaving. The systems in place need to be much stronger to protect us.

Freeforever
      Participant

Hi I wanted to point out I have had this similar treatment blaming past about there current ways , also have you heard of Sarah’s law where you can contact the police for any previous violence records they may hold. Just a thought.. I have a partner who blames the abuse he received in his childhood yet sits and be the same in front of our daughter , myself I think it’s just a escape from there own blame, I hope your doing ok .. reach out to friends and family .. good luck

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content