Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Goldengirl
      Participant

Hi, girls. Just wanted to share with people who would truly understand. Was with an abusive man for many, many years before leaving him when he lost control and went for our youngest. Been over (detail removed by Moderator) but we’re finally in a better place. Some of you will understand some or all aspects of our struggle. We were homeless for weeks (could not go into refuge as had (detail removed by Moderator) year old son too), spent over £12000 keeping my youngest out of abusers clutches, was terrorised and had to start a whole new life for myself and my offspring. Fast forward to this weekend. This month, for the first time, we have enough money for food and utilities – this means I can eat every day (my children never went without food but I had to). We can be warm and we have a new roof over our heads. He found us but we have brilliant neighbours. He is trying to terrorise me again but I am so much stronger now. We have money for a simple but lovely Christmas. Tonight, I am actually going out with friends. I still get days when I feel I can’t go on but, thankfully, these are getting fewer and last a shorter amount of time. I am getting stronger every day and my old self is regaining control. My message to you all is simple. Take every day as it comes, have a pyjama day if you need it but try to do one thing constructive, even if it is just sorting out a bag of junk. Little by little, things get sorted and you can get some sort of life. It may not be what you’d hoped for but it is vastly better than the life you had with him. I am stronger than I know and so are you. You deserve a better life and you will get it but it does take time. Hugs to you all!

KIP.
      Participant

Hey there. What a wonderful post. I too have come a long way. Police courts, both civil and criminal. But it’s taken a while and yes I totally agree. I’m finding the girl I was before the abuse and I really like her. She has pyjama days or mental health days as I call them but wow, on a good day I even impress myself. It’s a fight for your life back but I’m moving onwards and upwards. And yes, we are all stronger than we think. We must be to have survived such hell.❤️

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Thank you for sharing with us Goldengirl. I am sure your post will help many reading.

Best wishes,

Lisa

duvetday
      Participant

Hi Goldengirl,
      It’s nice to read a positive post. Glad that things are working out for you at last 🙂

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content