Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Inneedofsomepeace
      Participant

So I should be happy after a successful prosecution. But I don’t I feel sad and depressed. I have no energy and all I want to do is sleep, can’t e done with children. I don’t want to go out don’t want to see anyone or talk to anyone I’m forcing myself to. After leaving my perp I became obsessed with cleaning I can’t even be bothered with this. I don’t understand stand what’s happening I’m out and free I should be happy. Is this how it will always be? Because I don’t want to live like this for ever.?

Falling Skys
      Participant

Hi Inneedof

It must be mind numbing all you have been through, after all this time on high alert you body is saying you can relax and heal.

You mind is trying to put things in order, and I don’t think its a case of being happy, we should never have been put in the position in the first place. You may even need to greave for the life/relationship you thought you were getting.

If you need so quiet time take it, and have some me it, soak in the bath, long walk what ever helps even watch a b movie with a of chocolate/glass of wine.

I hope that now you can become the true you xx

one day at a time
      Participant

It’s early days in your healing and the celebrating will come later.
      Look at what you’ve been through! You’ve been amazingly strong. Now it’s time to rest, relax and start to live life without fear and chaos.
      It will take a while but you will get to the stage when you can breath easy, laugh and enjoy every day life.
      Be gentle on your self. Treat yourself.
      Take care. Big hug. Xx

Confused123
      Participant

Hi Hun

U wont feel like this forever, your body and minding is adapting to cope with the trauma u experienced, mixed feelings r normal, be easy on your self and continue to seek counselling to recover, recovery wont happen over night, i thought once im out thats it its over but recovery is accepting what happened and dealing with it

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content