Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Slipup19
      Participant

I feel like im back in the grieving cycle since breaking and reinstating no contact. I feel so stupid to think hed changed yet he was just willing to cheat on his current gf . It just made me sooooo angry because he was probably like that with me when we were together. How stupid was and am I??? I wanna punch him, scream at him, tell him he doesn’t deserve happiness. But that wpuld just make me no better than him.

I have a good life now, why am I letting him into my head?

KIP.
      Participant

It’s contact that’s brought up all the old feelings. It’s natural to be angry just don’t get stuck there. Have you had some counselling. It might be worth revisiting that if you have. You’re not stupid. Abusers are good at what they do. They practice all the time. Manipulating. Absolutely zero contact is what will hurt him most. Cut him out your life as your final insult to him. He’s not worth the effort and these men crave attention. Concentrate on that good life you have. Grieve for the good parts of the relationship of which I’m sure there were many but be glad you’re away from such dysfunction. You deserve better. Would you really want to be with such a looser? Knowing how selfish and that he’s a Pathalogical liar. Being with an abuser can feel like an addiction. Are you craving that high from him? That high is fake.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content