Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Gemma
      Participant

My job is physical and stressful. My (detail removed by Moderator) one in (detail removed by Moderator) months. I struggle with confidence and decision making. Years of coercive abuse the cause. Is this going to be another job I fail at? I am not sleeping properly. Bad dreams. I wake up feeling very anxious and this affects my stomach. Frequently needing the loo and feeling sick. I have a (detail removed by Moderator)hr shift ahead of me, and the day feels like a huge mountain to climb. I have to work or I will lose my flat because I won’t be able to meet financial commitments. I feel trapped and scared in a negative cycle. I don’t know what to do.

Love
      Gemma x*x

she-ra
      Participant

Big hugs Gemma x*x I too sometimes struggle to sleep – well I fall asleep easily but don’t stay asleep often waking lots in the night/early hours of the morning. Have you thought about seeing your gp? With regards to today I would maybe take it one step at a time or an hour at a time, maybe that way it won’t feel like such a mountain. Focus on something you know will happen at the end of it, so in (detail removed by Moderator) hours time I’ll be sat here with a cup of tea or whatever and it will all be over. Sorry if not much help, feel for you and hope you can make it through the day xxxx

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Hi Gemma, I’ve started repracticing law of attraction(LOA).
      Replacing negative thoughts and feelings with positive ones. There is many books on the subject. It’s like instead of thinking I hope I sleep tonight or I hope I don’t wake up in the middle of the night with I will wake up feeling refreshed. Because living with abuse is all about the negativity, it’s hard to think and act positively instead.
      Sending healing thoughts to you.
      IWMB 💕💕

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content