Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      maddog
      Participant

That’s all I know. I’m quite shocked and I know there’s no point in speculating, although I know that he has a habit of making things far worse for himself. When in a hole….He may well be in total denial and digging away like mad. Don’t really know what to think.

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hello maddog,

I’m sorry to hear that you’re going through this, it must be a distressing experience, I imagine you have a lot of mixed feelings at the moment and I hope you’re doing okay today.

Take good care of yourself,
      Lisa

maddog
      Participant

Thank you Lisa.

I think I’m experiencing cognitive dissonance. The things I believed about this man don’t match the reality. I’m not overly worried at the moment, just shocked and baffled. I’m telling myself that the police only want to speak to him about what happened and that they have no choice but to arrest him if he ran away from the alternative. There may be other things going on. All that I know is that I’ve been fed a load of big fat lies for a very long time and that his current relationship is founded on the same.

Happybelle
      Participant

Let them get arrested. I was pulled over by the police whilst driving and htey stopped me to give me a heads up on things that had been happening when my partner was driving my car. I was appalled and surprised they didnt come to the house and arrest him. He ended up being arrested for something else entirely. Let it happen, they deserve to face the consequences of whatever things they have done.
      The most concerning thing is that other people can also get in to trouble even if we know nothing about it. E.g if someone commits a crime in your vehicle and without your knowledge, the police can seize the car even if it’s yours. I’m just worried that some time I might get held vicariously accountable for something I knew nothing about.

maddog
      Participant

My ex husband was prone to doing remarkably stupid things. He wittingly sold a car to a criminal. He luckily only ended up with a slew of fines, which he was adamant he should pay.

I think this current situation person maybe has a secret life going on. I wouldn’t be at all surprised. The amount of tall stories and alternative realities he expressed was astounding. All that I know is that police don’t seem to be investigating what I said. Very mysterious. What an idiot. Maybe he’s been on the run for a long time. Hard work keeping up a secret life.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content