Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      SpiritandHope
      Participant

Hello all,
      It’s been (detail removed by moderator) months since I got myself out of a very intense and abusive (duration removed by moderator) relationship. With the support of womens aid I was encouraged to go to the police. I had a call  weeks ago from the police informing me that they had sent my ex partner a letter at his new address inviting him to attend the police station. I then got a call (detail removed by moderator) informing me that he didn’t show. Police have apparently been to his address a few times and nobody has been at home, despite him living with  flat mates which work flexible hours. Furthermore, apparently his place of work will not provide the police details unless they provide information as to why he is wanted. I’ve been told that route is quite tricky for police as they have to obtain data protection etc and employers tend to protect their staff! So now nobody seems to know where he is. I was told I’ll get an update as soon as he is located. The sargeant that called me told me that he is going to try and get my ex placed on the national wanted database. I’m in limbo and perplexed but doing so well with my healing. Has anyone else had an ex go missing afterwards?

KIP.
      Participant

The police found my ex in the pub so I don’t think it should be that difficult to turn up at his work. They don’t have to tell his work Place they are coming. It’s a horrible place to be. Waiting for them to do their job. All I can say is to keep on top of it and insist they ring you with an update. You are entitled to be kept updated. I’m afraid I found it was whoever shouted the loudest that got the better service. Meantime, keep yourself safe and try to take your mind off it by doing something you enjoy. I know it’s difficult but the justice system moves very very slowly and I wasted so much time worrying and waiting for something to happen.

Ayanna
      Participant

The police can just turn up at his work place unannounced.
      Talk to them and tell them to just go there and arrest him.
      They have every power to do that.
      I have seen them doing this multiple times.
      Strange that they are so hesitant in this case.
      Maybe they need a reminder of what is their duty.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content