Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Lazarus17
      Participant

Just as I think I’m getting back on an even keel, he rears his ugly little head. He followed me again and I had a huge panic attack. Again. I really wanna just sigh and say “Oh you sad little man”. But my body/brain decides to do its own thing 😞 I’ve reported it, but I know nothing will happen (never enough evidence is there?!) And I’m tired. What am I supposed to do??!!

KIP.
      Participant

Download the stalking app and keep logging every incident. Keep reporting to the police and consider a non molestation order. Ring the national domestic abuse helpline or Paladin for more advice. I know it’s not much help but it does get easier. I recently saw my ex and he tried to stare me down. I just shook my head and kept walking. Seeing him would have sent me spinning in panic and trauma in the beginning. I’ve been having good counselling too.

Watersprite
      Participant

What is the stalking app please ? I was recommended Hollie guard app for safety tho I can’t seem to get it to work for me but then I’m not the best at IT lol!Thank you

Lazarus17
      Participant

I keep a diary but there’s never enough evidence (no witnesses/cctv) – sometimes I only hear him and they tell me it’s not enough so I gave up logging every incident
      I’ve had a non mol, I now have a restraining order. He doesn’t care – he knows where the line is and just how far he can put his toe over it.
      I have Hollie Guard too.
      The system is broken. It has no teeth.

Lazarus17
      Participant

24 hours later – I’m still waiting for the police!

KIP.
      Participant

Keep shouting and keep logging. I totally sympathise. I was told by the Police to wait till he comes to my door or looks in my window. But I kept logginG and reporting. If you do end up at court for another order then the app or journal is your evidence. I got my MP involved too. Don’t give up. The police should be speaking to him as he’s putting you in a state of fear and distress even if his foot is on the other side of the restraining order x

Tickleribber
      Participant

Lazarus17 have you tried the Bright Sky app, it does have a journal feature and its got a shortcut to make emergency calls, as well as other useful things?

KIP.
      Participant

The Scottish Women’s Rights Centre (SWRC) today launched FollowIt App, a mobile app designed to help women in Scotland record stalking incidents and assist them if they want to report this crime to the police.
      The app was developed by SWRC in partnership with media co-op as a response to the challenges many women face in trying to demonstrate the pattern of behaviour they experience.

Not sure if this helps but please take a look x

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content