Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Tiffany
      Participant

I have heard from friends that he has been asking about how I am. The very thought makes me feel sick with anxiety. I have said just to say I am fine, but give no details. Is this the best approach? Should I ask them to stick to it and not tell me next time? They asked what I was ok with them saying.

KIP.
      Participant

Tell your friends not to mention him again. You are not interested in anything relating to him and it makes you feel sick to discuss him. It’s called trauma and it’s toxic. I had to remind friends a few times but they soon got the message. It took me years to hear about him without utter panick setting in. It’s triggering and interrupts your recovery x

Sunshineandrain
      Participant

Tell your friends not to give him any information. You need to cut off the supply. He will soon disappear when he realises he is not getting through anymore. I would also suggest to your friends that they dont mention him again as you are going through a difficult healing process and dont neee any setbacks. If this is too awkward, quickly change the subject each time he is mentioned, they will soon get the message!

anna
      Participant

Hi tiffany,
      I would do wall of silence. Dont even bother saying to your friends to tell him you are fine. To be blunt he is not interested in your wellbeing but he is trying to reengage with you and get your friends to inadvertantly do his dirty work! plus he gets to look mr reasonable nice guy to your friends.
      The best thing is polietly tell your friends you dont want to know about him. If they keep on change the subject if they repeatedly break your wishes on this ( im sure they wont when they understand) then maybe see less of that person your recovery comes first.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content