Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Participant

So I have had so many messages and pictures sent to me of him harming himself. His mother is crying apparently what am I supposed to do? He wants me to get in touch do I give in I feel so guilty.

No, love. Nope, nein, niet, non. Whichever way you want to phrase it.
      I would tend to tell the police – and say you think he is a danger to himself and show them the pictures, if you can with support saying it is a form of abuse. If they think he is that bad he needs for his own safety to be taken to a psychiatric ward.

It is not your responsibility. At the very most make sure his mum is aware of the Samaritans freephone number which is 116 123. They are available 24 hours.

This is really hard Anon. But for once you need to focus on yourself and your own safety and wellbeing.

Apart from anything else this is continuing harassment.

Post on here..get some moral support…WA will no doubt post on this soon on this thread I hope.
      Hang in there, you can do this.

Stay no contact love. really important.
      all best
      ftc (the clue is in the name, you should be able to choose what you do and not be coerced into interacting with a person…)
      x

For your own peace of mind the think to ask the police to do amongst reporting it as harassment is to ask them to do a welfare check. Means they will knock on his door, check he is still alive and if bad enough will take action, i.e. make a psychiatric referral.

That way you have no need to feel guilty. You have done the responsible thing.

all best
      ftc
      x

Anonymous
      Participant

Now I don’t even know if he is at home or gone on the holiday I booked tbh. So I’m just going to give it time and hopefully everything will be okay. I feel like he tried talking me in to falling back by twisting it on me this time I am really trying to stay strong and not fall. Thank you so much xxxx

backtome
      Participant

Absolutely do not give in – that’s what he wants! Block him if you can. He is not your responsibility. You’re doing well, stay strong and carry on with no contact, it’s the only way you will heal. xx

KIP.
      Participant

Block him on everything and speak to the police on 101. I would show them his texts. Do not believe a word he says. My ex was off having an affair and spending our life savings while begging and pleading and making veiled threats of suicide. They are manipulators and liars that’s why zero contact is so important. His words are nonsense but he is dangerous. Anyone who doesn’t respect your boundaries in this way is a huge red flag.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content