Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

I have noticed he is buying wine and drinking a lot more, today is one of those days, I noticed he had already emptied half a bottle and has taken the rest of the bottle to x room, I have also noticed he has glazed eyes tonight and a flushed face and his reactions are upsetting one of my children who obviously knows the signs of his dad having drank too much.

He was talking to me earlier and he made some weird remarks, the problem was mainly his loss of inhibition and the fear he creates in me when I can see he has drunk.

I therefore went to visit a friend fairly late tonight and she offered me once more to have her keys to her house any time I need them, she is worried about me, and she said ”I hope what I offer you doesn’t go in one ear and out of the other, are you listening to me?” I answered her that it makes me feel better knowing she would always be there for me if/when I need her. She kept saying tonight ”be careful” repeating it several times.

I was criticised this evening in an impolite and entitled manner, he called me a particular name and I walked away. I have taped some of the conversations that followed, I would not normally resort to such practice but this time I am doing it, I have had enough. I noticed he was not quite himself and he made remarks about someone in particular, a professional, whom he criticised too, not even having met that person. He made more ludicrous remarks and kept waving his finger at me, with warning eyes and a frightening body language. I told him to back off from me and to stop waving this finger at me, to stop shouting etc. I was called a manipulator etc.

I scampered off a bit later on to stay safe with my friend. That’s when I noticed on my return that he looked flushed and lost, the typical look of someone under the influence of alcohol. When I left to visit my friend, I had to warn my child about the bottle of wine, just telling my child to stay doing whatever that child was doing and stay safe till my return home. The answer was yes I will, with a slightly worried look on the face. My kids know the signs, they know their dad becomes stupid when he has drunk.

I don’t like it when that happens, I feel we are all vulnerable.

He has also upset one of my children about something important happening in that child’s life and it was nothing else but negative comments to make that child worried about the future. He waited till I was not around to upset that child. Can’t say what it is about nor which child it was. I was told about it soon after his conversation stopped, it is upsetting.

As he criticised me tonight calling me x, I made a remark about one thing which I found out about and that got him going in a bit of a rage, I caught him in the act so to speak, lying basically. Pure logic! He hates that, he hates my intelligence and my capacity to see things for what they really are, my memory of facts etc too. He contradicts himself and I know how to prove to him that he does. That’s when he explodes and doesn’t know what to say so he calls me names and projects on me and he becomes angry, he looses control.

I am staying out of his way now.

PhoenixBlue
      Participant

My partner has done this also! Stay safe please. This sounds like he is going to snap at some point!

Please take your friends offer and stay with her please? X

Serenity
      Participant

He seems to be burying his head in the sand even deeper, and continuing the behaviour which has caused so much damage already.

These abusers seem to have no motivation to change or face reality.

Yes, keep out of his way when he is underdogs influence, if he is aggressive when drunk.

Xx

KIP.
      Participant

It’s a war zone Bridget and by staying there, your children are collateral damage.
      The dysfunction they see and experience will stay with them for the rest of their lives.

I agree with KIP bridget 😐

AlienStalker
      Participant

I also agree with KIP. Take your friend up on her offer and stay safe.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content