Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      brandnewme
      Participant

So he is turned up (detail removed by Moderator) after threatening to kill me (detail removed by Moderator) (logged with police)i told him not to come in person but he did as he wanted and came anyway saying he needed to collect (detail removed by Moderator) , he spent ages prowling about out there , eventaully went without telling me he was done , found a valentine out there for me saying he will “(detail removed by Moderator)”…what a joke!
      (detail removed by Moderator) he has been driving erratically past my home with music blaring (guess he wants to amke sure i see him !)there are skid marks all up rd!my neighbours saw him to so i know im not going mad, they suggested i report it to police also to strengthen my need for a non molestation order nd occupation order.
      i am trying to do no contact but did text him (detail removed by Moderator) to ask (detail removed by Moderator) he replied “(detail removed by Moderator)” etc etc .
      more mind games.
      not to worry i said i will continue to feed and provide a roof over our 5 kids heads and you keep your money , situation normal.
      this has made me feel so incredibly anxious, i have barely left the home since (detail removed by Moderator) as he has in the past made me homeless and moved back in when i was out 🙁
      i have opened a new account so he can not steal all my wages and child benefit

why on earth can he not just stop!!
      how much worse can it get?

KIP.
      Participant

They enjoy this part and he won’t stop until he’s made to. That means getting a non mol and occupation order quickly. Reporting every single incident. Moving his (detail removed by Moderator) elsewhere giving him no excuse to return to the property. Having zero contact. Using s third party for contact. It won’t look good when you ask for a non molestation order when he shows your text messages. You’re trying to convince a court that you’re in fear of him and need the courts help to keep you and your children safe. Absolutely zero contact. Start from now and block his number and his contact details. Threats to kill should be taken very seriously. The police should be acting on this. Are you in touch with women’s aid?

brandnewme
      Participant

i have only text him to say i am not ready to talk to him (trying to buy time)and about the weird bank transaction other than that i have done no contact.
      i am scared of him!
      he has sent tons of texts that i have ignored.
      I was worried if i completely ignore him he will harass the kids via text more to “make” me respond.But he is hardly bothering with them??? so confused
      Yes have spoke to womens aid , i have done my witness statement and felt numb , i did not even cry , feels like a dream?
      i have also let my housing officer know as there is a DV clause in tenancy and have spoken to local DV advisor and booked an appointment.
      I am speaking to soliciter through DV assist in the morning.
      Any idea how quick they can do the interim order KIT?

diymum@1
      Participant

Im sure you could get an emergency order. send one final text telling him do not text me again or i report this then dont respond again. you would need to stick to that or the police dont take (back and forth) texting seriously. the above is then harassment. Id also ask your neignbour to write down what they saw the police may ask them for a statement. YOull be better prepared for all of this once youve seen your solicitor – dont be scared to keep the lawyer on the right track with regards to how the dynamics and tactics of dv work xx good luck for tomorrow xx love diy mum xx

KIP.
      Participant

Hi, mine was immediately granted but only for (detail removed by Moderator) weeks allowing him time to make up rubbish as his defence (detail removed by Moderator). It was horrible so expect lots and lots of dreadful mud slinging and lies. I truly hope the judge doesn’t hold the contact you made against you. I hope he or she has a grasp and understanding of domestic abuse. I know why you contacted him. I’m not trying to upset you, I’m only trying to give you some advice to help you. Sometimes it feels safer being in contact so you can at least predict his next move. The courts often don’t see it that way. Especially if he puts his spin on it. Court relies on evidence so keep everything you can. His evidence if he shows them the texts will contradict your statement that you’re scared. I know you’re scared. The trick is persuading the court that you’re scared. Keep any threatening texts or emails etc. His threat to kill you should me more than enough if you have the proof.
      Hang in there and cut all ties with him. Change locks and don’t rely on him for anything. These men are selfish. They really couldn’t care less about their children unless they can be used to hurt you. Hopefully with a contact order in place he won’t be able to x

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content