Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Tinkerbell
      Participant

he knows were I am in real life, he knows were I go online, he knows how to follow me and monitor my every move, he knows what to say to let know that’s what he is doing, he knows how to manipulate situations to his advantage, he knows how to stop me going out, he knows how to control me without raising a finger and only playing with my mind, this is so cruel and there is no escaping it

Confused123
      Participant

HI Hun

Not sure of your story nin full details, could u provide more details so we can guide u further, the only thing i can suggest is finding out has he hacked into your phone or computer that he knows where u go online

KIP.
      Participant

Total no contact with him and he cant control you or play mind games. I thought my ex was all powerful when we first split up. After a while with no contact as the fog of abuse lifts, you will begin to see what a pathetic person he is. Pathetic and needy. We are everything without them, they are nothing without us. Work on staying no contact and get in touch with your local womens aid for support.

Suntree
      Participant

tinkerbell.

Online look up how to keep yourself safe and then go and lock down everything you can and even come off social media. You could set up another profile that only very trusted friends and family have if you need to keep in touch that way.
      Phone numbers get them changed, email change them.
      talk to WA or another organization who has knowledge of keeping women safe from predators and who will support you.
      If he knows where you live can you move?
      Don’t contact him at all.
      if you can get counselling that might help too.

danicali
      Blocked

if you are able to (eg no kids with him), cut out all contact with him and you will eventually see that he has very little power over you anymore. you can’t control what he does, stalking you etc but you can choose to switch off and ignore it. dont say anything online that will give him info about you or, feed him with misinformation… stop telling certain people what you’re up to if you think they will tell him or again misinform them. ignore, ignore, ignore him and try to stop thinking about what he’s doing.

and remember, it’s not the fact he’s such a great manipulator, it’s more, sadly, the fact that society readily sides with and believes the abuser (if he were a woman making the same claims, do you think anyone would listen?) hopefully that thought helps you a bit – he’s not as all powerful as you think and as the other poster said these guys are often just (detail removed by Moderator) who have learned how to play a system that is so biased against women like us (i will normally win a board game if i get all the good cards and better dice rolls and it’s all tilted in my favour – that dont make me a great player it means the game is tainted) x

Serenity
      Participant

You know his game. Once you know his game, you can protect yourself and predict his future moves. Block him, protect your privacy as much as possible, and only share details of your life with those you trust the most. Whenever you sense he’s up to something, reach out for advice.

Knowledge is power. You can bat him off and you can win x

WalkerInTheRain
      Participant

Are you still together Tinkerbell?

I had to turn a lot of the location services off on my mobile phone as he’d installed an app that allowed him to track my movements.
      I also changed all my passwords. I don’t use check in services on social media and have blocked him in every way possible.

Tinkerbell
      Participant

Thanks all of you for your support maybe this is all I my mind, I know he’s known were I have been in the past and challenged me about online activity maybe he doesn’t maybe this is I my mind

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content