Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Confused.com
      Participant

So he left today, after (removed by moderator) hours of begging to stay, I feel so guilty as he has nowhere to stay. How on earth am I supposed to not get back in this relationship, I had the usual I’ll change I’ll prove I can do better but this is the (removed by moderator) time we have been through this. He is very manipulative and usually guilts me in to taking him back. He has to come around some days to finish work on the house

KIP.
      Participant

Absolutely zero contact is how you will not go backwards. Forget the work on the house. Someone else can fix that when you’re on your feet. Get rid of all his belongings. Close absolutely every door he can use to get back in. They always keep hooks like the house repairs or leaving belongings to collect etc. Change the locks and tell him not to contact you again under any circumstances. This is your time to take control and end this cycle of abuse.

KIP.
      Participant

In answer to your question. What follows is more manipulative abuse if you allow it.

Iwantmeback
      Participant

He left but what follows is a better life for you. One that’s not constantly walking on eggshells though it takes a while to be totally at peace. Be prepared for him to do and say anything to get back with you. Do not trust a word he says, its all designed to still keep you off balance. You will start to think of him less and less and it won’t hurt quite the same. Look up the 5/7 stages of grief, what we go through are similar. Take care of yourself, eat when you can whatever you can, drink plenty of fluids to keep hydrated. You’ll either sleep too much or be awake the whole night, sometimes for days on end.
      Best wishes IWMB 💞💞

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content