Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Surviving
      Participant

So I get a text (Detail removed by Moderator) saying he has moved. Wouldn’t tell me where. He dropped my daughter home (Detail removed by Moderator) and my daughter said he moved into his girlfriend’s flat. I do feel a little weired about it. About my little girl having another woman bringing her up too. I know something I have to get used to but this is a woman that smacked her before my ex moved in with her. My daughter should be aloud to be happy and she is happy living with me and her brothers. Now she is squeezed into a small flat on her overnight visits and she don’t get on with her son.

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Surviving,

This must be incredibly hard for you. I think you are doing so, but do make sure you keep a detailed record of anything that happens with your ex and his new partner, particularly how your daughter feels or behaves after contact. You may be able to use this record in future.

If you haven’t already you could consider calling The Family Rights Group for a conversation about your situation; they may be able to offer some suggestions and support.

Kind Regards,

Lisa

Surviving
      Participant

Thank you. I have tryed calling them but never seem to be able to get through. My daughter has recently started getting aggressive. She literally beats me up and I don’t know how to deal with that. I recently saw her book on the table and I had a nosy. A page says she is sad that she has to go daddy’s. She came home with a huge bruise on her leg and she said she wouldn’t get in the car so he lost his temper and pushed her in and hurt her on the arm of the carseat. He admitted he used restrain the older boys in the carseat and fight to get them in. I have showed it to social care but still they can’t help

Lisa
        Main Moderator

Hi Surviving,

It must be so upsetting for you to see your daughter behave this way and to read about how she is feeling. It is very concerning about the bruise and how she said it happened. I have sent you a private message with some detail but I also thought the organisations below might be of help to you for some support in what you and your daughter are going through:

Family Lives
        Parenting and family support
        Helpline 0808 800 2222
        https://www.familylives.org.uk

Gingerbread
        Advice and practical support for single parents
        Helpline 0808 802 0925
        https://www.gingerbread.org.uk

Best wishes,

Lisa

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content