Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

He choked me, threatened me, pinned me down. But he never made me feel unwanted, not in the same way my mam did. So I forgave him each time – my own mam didn’t want me but he did- he wanted my company- and for that I was grateful, even with the bruises.

I’ve been away from him for years now, but on days like today I miss when we laughed, even if he wasn’t genuine

positivelyempath
      Participant

So sad to read. Sending you love and strength and acknowledgement that I get what you mean. Even though they are aggressive/controlling etc we still miss parts of them. It’s so hard but just remember all the bad stuff – I keep a list for when I’m feeling like that. Once again sending you love and strength and a life filled with hope and happiness x*x

Raindays
      Participant

This is also my problem when he is nice he is very nice but when he is bad he is the worst 😞 it messes with your head x*x

fizzylem
      Participant

It’s sad to know this is what happened but so very empowering as well SD, you’ve worked out a big part of why you stayed – this is priceless; won’t happen again will it. Means you will have better success with most things now as you won’t fall into feeling wanted when it comes at a price again hey x

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content